There are many more reasons to take the cloud road, but here are what I regard as the top 10:
1. More flexibility: Cloud infrastructure scales up – and down. Your apps and data become accessible from any Internet-connected device. You can choose public, private, or hybrid storage offerings to suit
2. Tailored control: Set the level of control that suits you with as-a-service options, i.e. software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
3. Cutting-edge security: Virtual private cloud, encryption, and API keys help keep data secure with a growing array of plug-in security services. Also, network backups avoid loss of data through hardware failures
4. Major efficiencies: Putting DevOps in the cloud speeds time to market. You save hassle and cost on servers. And, of course, with pay as you go, you only pay for the resources you use.
5. Greater competitiveness: With the help of your Cloud service providers you can focus on the front end. You are guaranteed the latest tech and updates. And you can partner, create and shift workstreams and solutions faster.