The Datacenter Technical Engineer works within the Site Management Department and reports to the Site Manager of the relevant Data Center. The Site Management Team is part of the Operations Department of EvoSwitch. The team is responsible for the service to EvoSwitch customers, for security and keeping the data center neat. The team also provides customer implementations, customer support, logistics support, handling tickets and structured cabling.
What is the role about?
In your role as a Datacenter Technical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the various ticketing queues and following tickets
• Construction, labeling and recording of cabling and cross connects
• Troubleshooting of cabling issues
• Supervising customer implementations and deliverables
• Handle remote hands customer requests
• Perform basic technical work (electrical, mechanical, civil)
• Acceptance and registration of incoming goods
• Monitoring of the Building Management System
• Coordinate and issue work permits
• Handling 1st line failures of facility installations
• Running various visual inspection rounds and following findings.
• The representations Loving the data center
• Supervise activities of suppliers
• Support account in answering technical questions.
As a Datacenter Technical Engineer you have a:
• MBO working and thinking level;
• A technical training;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a data center, hosting and telecom organization;
• Affinity with technology and the Internet;
• Knowledge in the field of IT infrastructure and cabling standards;
• Knowledge of IT equipment (servers / switches / firewalls / etc);
• Knowledge of Networking and TCP / IP;
• Knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows / Linux) is a plus;
• Familiarity with work processes and standards ISO and BS standards is a plus;
• Property VCA and BHV degree is a plus;
What we also expect of a Datacenter Technical Engineer:
- Being a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Customer-oriented and service-oriented attitude;
• No 9 to 5 mentality and willing to turn standby and weekend shifts;
• Continued focus on improvements in the quality of service;
• Prepare to be part of the emergency response team;
• Fluency in Dutch and English spoken and written;
• Control of Windows and MS Office Software;
• Living in the Haarlem region or willingness to move to the region;
• Works well in a dynamic fast paced environment;
• Flexible, stress resistant and structured;
- Able to perform physical activities;
• Always willing to go the extra mile;
EvoSwitch provides secure and sustainable data center services, with cloud- and carrier-neutral data centers in Europe and the US. EvoSwitch is home to growing ecosystems of customers around interconnection and hybrid cloud, operating at the edge of the Internet and providing access to public clouds. EvoSwitch enables global and local customers to build their IT infrastructure for growth, creating value for customers and partners alike. For more information, please visit www.evoswitch.com.
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus;
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan;
- 25 days of paid time-off;
- Free lunch;
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career;
- A great working environment in a dynamic, international, fast growing organization.